Temporary Residence

Temporary Resident Visa

Work, study, or reuniting with your loved ones is possible. Let's find together the perfect route to achieve it!


Temporary Resident Visa

A Temporary Resident Visa is also known as a visitor visa, temporary work permit and study permit.

The main determining factor as to whether you require a Temporary Resident Visa before travelling to Canada is your nationality.

Some countries are visa-exempt (e-TA), and the majority require a visa to enter Canada. If you are not visa-exempt, you will need a visitor visa to enter Canada whether you are coming to study, work or visit.

Multiple entry visas allow the holder to travel to Canada for six months at a time as many times as they want, as long as the visitor visa is valid. If you wish to come to Canada as an investor, you might need a business visitor visa.

Visitor Visa

This type of visa allows the holder to travel to Canada for six months as many times as he/she wishes, as long as the visitor’s visa is valid.

If you wish to come to Canada as an investor, you may need a business visitor visa.

You must meet some basic requirements to get a visitor visa. such as: have a valid travel document, be in good health, have no criminal or immigration-related convictions, demonstrate that you have ties—such as a job, home, financial assets or family—that will take you back to your home country, have enough money for your stay.

The amount of money you will need depends on how long you will stay. You may also need a medical exam and letter of invitation from someone who lives in Canada.

Super visa

A Super visa lets you visit your children or grandchildren for up to 5 years at a time in Canada. It is a visa that provides multiple entries for a period of up to 10 years. The main difference is that the super visa allows an individual to stay for up to 5 years at a time in Canada, while a 10-year multiple entry visa would only have a status period for each entry of six months only.

To be eligible for a super visa you must:

Be the parents or grandparents of Canadian citizens or permanent residents, and meet the eligibility requirements which we can discuss in a consultation.

Note: dependents cannot be included in this application.

e-TA (Electronic Travel Authorization)

Residents of certain countries can enter Canada without a visa. However, they must acquire an electronic travel authorization.

It is not a good idea to leave the eTA until the last minute, as some applications may take longer to process than others. For this reason, it is important to apply for your eTA before booking your flight.

Wind Rose Immigration can help you obtain electronic travel authorizations. Contact us today to see how we can help you visit Canada.

More Information

Contact us

Do you have any questions about how to start your Temporary Resident Visa application? Please fill out our Consultation Form today for further information.

    * Required